Sunday, June 9, 2013

Saturday June 8,2013

MAMA! I am so excited to hear from you and for the opportunity I have to read your emails! Thank you so much for the package, I got it last night and it was exactly what I needed. I really loved the pictures you sent me in the package and especially loved the riddle skittles haha. I am so excited for coop dawg and his combine! He will do great but I will for sure keep him in my prayers as I do with all of you. I love Nikelle and miss her a bunch. The pics you sent me are so darn cute. What a beautiful girl she is, that is awesome she is walking! I got to see Mike a lot the last couple days he was in the MTC and that was super nice. It was so good to see him because it just felt so peaceful and calming to hug a family member. Let me tell you, I have never seen Michael so happy! Every time I see him he just is glowing and every time I hug him I just felt the spirit so strongly and he is such a big example to me. This week was a very difficult but great week. Most of the time I don't even remember what I did throughout my day because I am always so busy and days seem like weeks that is for sure. I am really enjoying my class and I love my district. Everyday we wake up at 6:30 eat breakfast then we have class from 8 to to 11 and then we have personal study, lunch, language study for two hours and the class again for three hours and then personal study and companionship study at night again. ITS AWESOME and I love it. Don't get me wrong, I am getting a little sick of the MTC and I really want to just go to the Phillippines but its all good! Elder T and I have taught numerous lessons now in Tagalog to investigators and we are really starting to improve. At first it was really hard to focus and feel the spirit while teaching because I was so focused on what to say and how to say it but now honestly heavenly father has blessed me so much and once elder T and I say our prayer before we teach, it is like a light bulb that just switches on and I remember so many things that I have learned and I just start speaking the language. I am so far far from fluent and my sentences are pretty broken sentences but the fact is that my investigator understands what we are saying and understands our message and it is so beautiful. The lord truly blesses his missionaries, and I know that it is only because of him that I am being able to learn this language as well as I am. I still struggle with it a bunch and I cant just have a normal conversation with somebody that well but in time that will come.
 
I know I am talking about the language a lot but in reality that has just been what I think about and work on a lot throughout my day. My teacher brother m who served in the Philippines is such a blessing to me and my district. He really reminds me of Tanner and I love that. brother m really knows how to push us in a way to still keep our spirits up and to still feel good throughout the day. Some days I feel like I just ran into a brick wall and I just want to quit but through the Atonement of Jesus Christ and all the wonderful missionaries around me I just get picked back up right away. I am so happy that Coop got my letter! I am going to send dad a letter today as well! Anyways, let me just tell you that serving a mission would be 100 percent impossible without the lords help. I do not know how I would get through my days with out relying on the one person who can take away my pain and bring my happiness. This is by far the hardest thing that I have ever done and I have never been more tired but I am so full of joy. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church of God and it is the same church that Jesus Christ organized while he was on the earth. It is so awesome. During my personal study I have been reading the book "Our Search for happiness" and It is so wonderful. It is one of the three books that I was allowed to bring as a missionary. Anyways, READ IT! it is 100 pages and I read it in two days and I promise you that you will love it and gain a deeper appreciation for our Church. The book is meant for people who are not members of the Church and want to know more and learn about the "mormons". I strongly believe that it answers most of the questions investigators have about our church and it really opened my eyes as well. i love the scriptures and I love the Bible and the Book of Mormon. They go hand in hand perfectly it is awesome. I cant wait to serve in the Philippines.
 
Alam ko po na totoo ang simbahan ni jesu cristo at pagbabayad-sala. thank you for keeping me in your prayers family and I love all of you, I wish I could write more but I will write you all letters to tell you more. My time is running out and I have to go but I love you!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment